South Carolina Attorneys
When you need legal representation for something such as an auto accident case, DUI charges, criminal charges, real estate legal issues or business law issues, you can’t just settle for any law firm. You need a South Carolina law firm that will take the time necessary to learn about you and your needs. You need a Pawleys Island lawyer that will protect your rights and fight for your compensation. You need Weathers Law Firm. Based in Pawleys Island, South Carolina, The Weathers Law Firm represent clients throughout South Carolina in a wide variety of cases, including criminal, drug crimes, DUI, personal injury, workers’ compensation, and real estate law.
Pawleys Island Lawyer Greg R. Weathers serves all of South Carolina. This includes the Anderson, Greenville, Murrells Inlet, Garden City, Georgetown, Myrtle Beach, Columbia, Charleston, Conway, Beaufort & Bamberg, SC areas.
Cases Our South Carolina Lawyer Handles
- Personal injury including back injury, neck injury and catastrophic injury cases
- Auto accidents including rear end collisions, head-on collisions and drunk driving accidents
- Motorcycle accidents including single bike accidents and lane splitting accidents
- Trucking accidents which include lane change accidents, jack knife accidents and fatal trucking accidents
- Car accidents such as teen driver accidents, pedestrian accidents, lane change accidents, crosswalk accidents, fatal car accidents (wrongful death)
- Child injury claims including dog bites, auto accidents, assaults, sexual assaults, abuse, slip and fall cases and medical malpractice.
- Collection law which includes representing creditors & debtors in collection law cases
- Premises liability claims such as WalMart injuries, slip and falls, hotel accidents, golf course injuries and health club accidents and injuries.
- Workers’ Compensation which includes workplace slip and falls, work related car accidents, repetitive stress injuries, back injury claims and equipment accidents
- Real Estate Law which includes assisting clients in residential & commercial real estate transactions
- Criminal Defense like misdemeanors, property crimes, bench warrants, stalking, alcohol crimes, juvenile crimes, sex crimes, violent crimes & weapons offenses
- Drug crimes including cocaine, marijuana & heroin possession, drug sales & forged prescriptions
- DUI Defense including first offense DUI, BAC test defense, field sobriety test defense, drugged driving, DUI roadblock defense and Ambien DUI defense.
- Product Liability claims including defective products, recalled products and dangerous medications and medical devices
- Mechanics Liens which includes working with builders & property owners to protect their interests under South Carolina’s mechanics lien laws
- Business Organization which includes business formation & filing organizational documents with the South Carolina Secretary of State’s Office
- Traffic crimes such as driving under suspension, driving without insurance, DUI, Ambien DUI and marijuana DUI
Mandatory Minimum Sentences In South Carolina
Breaking any law in South Carolina, be it a serious traffic violation, assault, DUI, DUAC, gun crime, sex offense, drug possession or violent crime can result in extremely serious consequences as all SC crimes have minimum sentences. These can include jail time, prison sentence(s), community service, probation and steep fines. If you skip court or violate your probation a bench warrant will be issued and that will only make your bad situation worse. Let our Conway, South Carolina criminal defense lawyers help you.
Beating South Carolina Criminal Charges
As your defense attorneys the ultimate goal for your case is to have all charges dropped or dismissed. This is sometimes referred to as ‘beating the charges’. Our Georgetown, South Carolina criminal lawyers will thoroughly review your case and explain all possible options to you so you can make the most informed decision possible. Should you have a prior criminal, DUI, DAUC or traffic ticket history having your charges dropped may not be possible. Regardless, you can trust our North Myrtle Beach defense attorneys to obtain the best possible outcome for you.
Benefits In South Carolina Injury Claims
If hurt, injured or harmed due to the reckless and negligent actions of another in South Carolina you are entitled to certain benefits and forms of financial compensation. These can be medical care benefits, medical cost reimbursement, pain and suffering compensation, hospital bills, ambulance ride costs, therapy, medication coverage and lost wage compensation.
If you have suffered the loss of a loved one in an auto accident of some sort, a drowning or swimming pool accident or premises liability accident in South Carolina you, and certain other family members, may be entitled to death, funeral and survival benefits. Survival benefits all particular family members to obtain benefits and compensation for medical expenses, losses, pain and suffering endured prior to the actual death of the victim.
According to the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Act work injury victims are entitled to numerous forms of benefits, disability coverage and lost wage compensation. In South Carolina workers’ compensation laws determine what benefits you actually obtain based on what happened at work and how you were injured. If the life of a loved one was lost their estate can obtain death benefits as well as funeral benefits.
South Carolina Injury Statute Of Limitations
Per South Carolina Civil Code Annotated Section 15-3-530 you only have a certain timeframe from date of injury or death to file a civil lawsuit. These lawsuits are also referred to as personal injury claims, auto accident claims, wrongful death claims and civil litigation. That timeframe is 3 years. You should not wait anywhere near that long however. Please contact our Murrells Inlet injury attorneys now to discuss your case and getting the benefits and compensation you deserve.
When faced with a work injury in South Carolina you have 90 days to notify your employer of the accident or injury. You should report the injury immediately however even if you are able to work. Waiting, and having the injury worsen, can complicate your claim and hinder you getting the benefits and compensation you are entitled to per SC workers’ comp laws. Once the injury is reported as an injured worker you have 2 years to file a workers’ compensation claim. Again, do not wait no matter how minor your injury seems. Call Conway South Carolina workers’ compensation lawyer Greg Weathers immediately. No fee unless he recovers for you and your family.
The Weathers Law Firm Advantage:
- Free Consultations
- In-Home & Hospital Consultations Available • No Attorney Fees for Injury Cases Until Compensation Is Acquired
- Personalized Representation Covering a Wide Variety of Legal Matters
About Pawleys Island Attorney Gregory R. Weathers
South Carolina Attorney Gregory R. Weathers is a native of Greenville, South Carolina. He attended Clemson University and obtained BS in biological sciences in 2001. Mr. Weathers then attended the University of South Carolina Law School and obtained a law degree in 2004. He currently resides in Pawleys Island, South Carolina, with his wife, 3 daughters, and son.
Contact A Pawleys Island Lawyer Today
If you have a legal need of any kind please contact Conway, South Carolina Attorney Greg Weathers for a free initial consultation. Mr. Weathers handles accident, injury and workers’ compensation cases on a contingency fee basis meaning he charges no fee if he does not recover for you and your family.
Myrtle Beach DUI Defense Lawyer Greg Weathers proudly serve those with legal needs throughout Berkeley County, Charleston County, Dorchester County, Horry County, Georgetown County and Williamsburg County, South Carolina.
In terms of auto accident, personal injury, workers’ compensation and wrongful death claims Mr. Weathers help the injured throughout Pawleys Island, Kingstree, Beaufort, Bamberg, Mount Pleasant, North Charleston, Anderson, Spartanburg, Orangeburg, Summerville, Goose Creek, Sumter, Hilton Head Island, Florence, Aiken, Greer, Augusta, Columbia, Greenville, Charleston, Conway, Clemson, Rock Hill, Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, Georgetown, Murrells Inlet, Surfside Beach, Forestbrook, Little River, Red Hill, Socastee and Garden City, South Carolina. And again, he charges no legal fees or costs unless he recovers on your behalf.
South Carolina Facts & Statistics
South Carolina is state in the southeastern region of the country and is bordered to the north by North Carolina, to the south and west by Georgia, across the Savannah River, and to the east by the Atlantic Ocean.
South Carolina became the eighth state to ratify the U.S. Constitution, on May 23, 1788. South Carolina became the first state which voted to secede from the Union on December 20, 1860. After the American Civil War, it was readmitted into the United States on June 25, 1868.
South Carolina is the 40th most extensive and 23rd most populous U.S. state. Its GDP as of 2013 was $183.6 billion, with an annual growth rate of 3.13%. South Carolina is composed of 46 counties. Columbia is the capital of S.C. and boasts a population of approximately 135,000 residents. Unlike other states where the capital is the largest city S.C. is unique as the largest city is Charleston with a 2016 population slightly higher than Columbia at 140,000 residents. The Greenville-Anderson-Mauldin metropolitan area is the largest in the state, with a 2016 population estimate of 884,975. Overall South Carolina has a population of about 5,000,000 people.
South Carolina is named in honor of King Charles I of England, who first formed the English colony, with Carolus being Latin for “Charles”.
South Carolina enjoys almost 200 miles of coastline, beautiful lush gardens, historic sites and Southern plantations, colonial, African and European cultures, and its growing economic development. These attributes make it a popular tourist destination.