Back Injury Lawyers Georgetown SC
A back injury can happen in an instant and can cause you a lifetime of pain and aggravation. Back injuries such as herniated discs are one of the most common injuries suffered in all types of auto accidents as well as slip and fall accidents. A back injury, even a minor one, and neck injuries, even minor ones, is also one of the most common reasons for missed work time in South Carolina. If you are suffering from a work-related back or neck injury, you may be facing extensive medical treatment, a lengthy recuperation period, endless medical and therapy appointments and missed time at work/lost wages. These types of injuries are often slow to heal and can potentially result in permanent disability. In addition, these injuries can cause serious financial strain due to missing time at work. The emotional and psychological toll a situation such as this can take will many times impact your recovery.
Your primary concerns most likely revolve around:
1) How to get the medical treatment you need
2) How to pay for it.
3) How to keep your head above water financially while out of work.
The reality is that, due to being injured your ability to earn income has been suspended, perhaps indefinitely and these concerns make sense. The South Carolina workers’ compensation system is intended to provide the medical benefits you deserve and financial help you need to piece your life back together. In reality, though, it is a cumbersome process full of obstacles. For most people, tackling that maze is simply too daunting to attempt on their own. Retaining an experienced Pawley Island personal injury lawyer serving the Georgetown, Conway and Kingstree, South Carolina areas behooves you.
Passionate About Protecting The Rights Of Injured
At Weathers Law Firm, LLC we are dedicated to helping everyday people like you get back on their feet following a devastating accident or injury. He is intimately familiar with the intricacies of the South Carolina workers’ compensation laws and personal injury laws and he uses that knowledge to guide clients toward a positive outcome. Mr. Weathers understands the overwhelming questions and concerns you are facing and are here to help when you need a strong legal advocate. Our attorney, as well as our staff, are friendly and approachable; we will strive to help you feel comfortable from the outset and will be by your side throughout the entire legal process.
As a client-centered practice, we are dedicated to serving you. We provide personalized, one-on-one service and hands-on guidance.
Maximizing Your Recovery
Georgetown County Workers Compensation Attorney Greg Weathers handles all types of work-related back, neck and shoulder injuries. He also handles these same injuries if they were caused by an auto accident or slip and fall accident. These injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries: The spinal cord, also referred to as the spinal column, includes several sections such as the C-Spine, T-Spine and L-Spine injuries. Spinal cord injuries are typically noticed due to pain, numbness and tingling in the extremities. These symptoms can be caused by injuries such as bulging, slipped or herniated discs and impingements. Severe and catastrophic spinal cord injuries may end in paralysis.
- Compressed vertebrae: these injuries can be caused by a one time fall, particularly from a high place such as a ladder or scaffold, or they can happen over a period of time due to repeating the same motions over and over again.
- Lifting injury: poor or improper lifting techniques can cause severe strain to the lower back area and may entitle you to benefits and financial compensation. In a South Carolina workers comp claim your employer may be liable if they fail to provide you with supportive belts, braces or have not shown you how to properly lift objects, equipment, etc.
- Rotator cuff tearing: the rotator cuff is a capsule at the shoulder joint that supports the arm. It is often injured during falls and can become injured due to repetitive motions such as hammering.
- Lower back injury: Lower back injuries are the most common injuries resulting in South Carolina personal injury claims. They can happen to males, females and people of all ages. Lower back injuries can occur in administrative setting and work environments requiring manual labor, bending and lifting.
- Radiating nerve pain: Nerve injuries are common and can be caused by blunt force trauma as well as repetitive motion injuries such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
- Repetitive stress injury (RSI): Repetitive stress injuries, also referred to as repetitive motion injuries, are very common in the workplace. They involve nerve and connective tissue damage to the affected area. All joints are susceptible to repetitive motion injuries and commonly impacted areas are the wrists, elbows, shoulders and knees.
- Whiplash: Being hit from the rear is a very common type of accident resulting in whiplash. This is due to the whip-like motion the head and neck make upon impact in a rear end collision, forklift accident or other type of work related motor vehicle accident.
We can help ensure that you receive the correct medical diagnosis for your back or neck injury. We can also enlist the help of medical experts to accurately project the lifetime costs of your injury. Our goal is to help you obtain the medical benefits you need to cover treatment and rehabilitation.
The True Cost Of A Back Injury In The Workplace
One of the biggest mistakes an injured worker makes is attempting to diagnose the injury themselves. You may think you just strained your back or neck but in reality you have suffered a traumatic back injury that can involve disc and nerve damage. Other mistakes workers make is thinking the pain will go away and continuing to work regardless of the discomfort. Both of these mistakes can make your work induced back injury that much worse. It is not at all uncommon for a back injury, or any type of joint injury, to never fully heal. Many times the injured area is vulnerable to being aggravated even years after it happened.
Being unable to bend, lift, type of do any other daily work related tasks due to a back injury can impact your career now and in the future. You may be out of work for a significant amount of time now while recovering. Once you return to work you may not be able to return to full duty and that can impact your livelihood and earning potential. Over the course of a lifetime your injury, and its’ ramifications on your ability to work, can cost you a substantial amount of money. Going through a situation such as this without the help of a skilled Kingstree, South Carolina workers compensation lawyer is not a wise decision. Having a workers comp attorney on your side will allow you to sleep better at night knowing your rights are protected and that you will get any and all benefits you may be qualified to receive.
Concerns About Filing Workers Comp & Injury Claims
Many workers do not want to rock the boat if they are injured at work as many times you are grateful just to have a job. While this is admirable neglecting to report your injury and not file a claim is not smart. Retaliation from your boss, manager or employer due to you filing a claim is one of the biggest reasons people do not file workers compensation claims after sustaining an injury. While this is a common fear it is not valid as retaliation by employers is against the law in South Carolina. Being terminated or discriminated against for filing a workers compensation claim may entitle you to additional benefits and financial compensation.
Contact A Horry County Back Injury Attorney
To learn more about your options please contact an experienced Pawleys Island Injury Lawyer at Weathers Law, LLC. We offer free and confidential consultations to those injured at work and in auto accidents in South Carolina. We also accept payment by contingency, which means you will not owe us attorney fees unless we recover compensation for your injuries.
Workers Compensation Lawyer Greg Weather has many years experience handling workers comp cases in South Carolina and has a long track record of obtaining very favorable settlements and verdicts for his clients.